Microsoft released the August feature update of Outlook for Microsoft 365 Apps in the Current Channel (previously known as the Office 365 Monthly Channel).
It comes with 1 new feature for Outlook and 11 highlighted fixes. The new feature and fixes are listed below;
- Turn on shared calendar improvements
For shared calendars in Office 365, Outlook can update these calendars using the REST API. Turn on the preview for faster and more reliable updates to shared calendars.
- File-> Account Settings-> Account Settings…-> double click on your Exchange Online account-> More Settings-> tab: Advanced-> enable: Turn on shared calendar improvements
- We fixed an issue that caused users to be able to download protected attachments.
- We fixed an issue where the app stopped working while composing an email using Outlook.
- We fixed an issue where the app stops responding shortly after Outlook boot.
- We fixed an issue where email signatures would be missing after a change in the account’s UPN/SMTP name.
- Fixed an issue where changes only to the content of a signature would not be updated in the cloud-based setting.
- Fixed an issue that caused users to be able to download protected voice mail messages.
- Fixed an error when forwarding some large or long running recurring meetings as ICAL.
- Fixed an issue where a meeting occurrence cancellation form would appear instead of the expected edit form.
- We fixed an issue that was causing the app to stop responding when using Outlook.
- We fixed a bug that caused increased network activity shortly after Outlook boot with profiles that have multiple accounts.
- Fixed a bug in Outlook where custom VSTO controls stopped working after opening and switching between multiple windows and views.