MFCMAPI provides access to MAPI stores to facilitate investigation of Exchange and Outlook issues and to provide developers with a sample for MAPI development.
Less technical; You could say that MFCMAPI is a low-level mailbox editing tool. It’s designed for expert users and developers only so pretty much all safety nets are missing and making a mistake could result in total destruction of your mailbox data.
If this doesn’t like something for you, it’s best not to use this tool with any important data of which you don’t have a backup.
Although this isn’t an official Microsoft application, it is however developed by Stephen Griffin who is a Senior Escalation Engineer in Developer Support at Microsoft focusing on Outlook and Exchange Server APIs (in other words: this is a very reliable application).
There are several guides on HowTo-Outlook.com and MSOutlook.info which provide step-by-step instructions on how to use MFCMAPI to achieve specific tasks or solve issues which can’t otherwise be solved.
- Hide, move or delete an Outlook folder via MFCMAPI
- Rename Email Accounts and Mailbox Folders
- Delete a stuck Read Receipt
- Backing up and Restoring Quick Steps
- Backing up and restoring the AutoComplete cache of Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016
- More MFCMAPI guides on HowTo-Outlook.com and MSOutlook.info.