OutlookTools is a support and advanced settings tool for Microsoft Office Outlook. It gives you easy access to Outlook settings and data folders and allows you to change settings that are normally only possible through the registry.
Main Program Features
- Displays installation information of your Outlook version.
- Easy access to Outlook settings and data folders.
- Easy access to troubleshooting tools.
- Start Outlook with a startup switch.
- Clear the Most Recently Used lists.
- Make the New Mail Alert stay up for longer than 30 seconds.
(When using Windows 7 and/or Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010)
- Unblock attachments.
OutlookTools is a free tool; You can use it without paying anything. However, if you feel a donation would be a nice way to support OutlookTools and its future development, it will be very much appreciated.
The latest version can be downloaded by clicking the download button below. For a version history click here.
Note: As a new version has been recently released, you could get a download warning in your browser, such as from SmartScreen, that this file isn’t commonly downloaded and could harm your computer. It is safe to run it anyway as OutlookTools doesn’t contain any malware. You may need to press “More info” once you get another prompt and then click “Run anyway”. Thank you for being one of the first using this new version of OutlookTools and build up its reputation and help making these warnings go away for other people.
In order to function properly OutlookTools requires the following;
- Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2016 or Office 365.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
(including all Windows Server equivalent versions).
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (detected during installation).
Released: January 22, 2017
Complete redesign and focused on compatibility with current versions of Outlook and Windows.
- added: Outlook Installation Information block on the General tab.
- added: Tab with more common Folder Paths used by Outlook.
- added: Tab with links to Support Guides.
- added: Tab with links to various other tools and add-ins for Outlook.
Released: June 2, 2010
Main focus was on adding support for Outlook 2010.
- added: full Outlook 2010 detection support; both 32-bit as 64-bit versions.
- added: on tab Startup Switches: added new startup switches for Outlook 2010 and did some rearranging.
- added: on tab Clear MRU: added option to clear the MRU for Save Sent Items To (Outlook 2007 – 2010)
- added: Help links on the Startup Switches and New Mail Alert tab for additional information.
- updated: on tab Blocked Attachments: updated the block list for Outlook 2010.
- fixed: some spelling errors.
Released: April 29, 2009
Main focus was on updating for Office 2007 Service Pack 2.
- updated: on tab Blocked Attachments: updated the blocklist for Office 2007 Service Pack 2
- added: on tab Startup Switches: /cleanimp switch which was added in Office 2007 Service Pack 2
- changed: on tab General: Office Update has been changed to Microsoft Update now that the separate Office Update page is gone.
Released: March 27, 2007
Main focus was on adding 64-bit support.
- added: 64-bit Support! For Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Windows Vista
- added: on tab Startup Switches: Copy Command to Clipboard
- added: on tab Clear MRU: Remove MRU for “Include, Business Card” in Outlook 2007
- added: on tab Blocked Attachments: Level1Add regkey detection
Released: September 1, 2006
A lot of changes with this new version release;
- added: recoded from the ground up
- added: retrieves Outlook profiles folders
- added: button to start Account Settings
- added: button to run ScanPst
- added: button to run ScanOst
- added: button to launch the Event Viewer
- added: Minimize Outlook to the Notification Area
- added: Read all mail in Plain Text
- added: tab with start-up switches
- added: tab to clear the Outlook MRU lists
- added: tab to configure the duration and transparency of the New Mail Alert
- added: tab to unblock attachments
- added: easy startup via Start-> Run;
- fixed: no more error when deleting Read Only files from the SecureTemp folder
Released: July 1, 2005
- changed: Method to determine Outlook version
- fixed: The tool now works for all Windows Regional Settings
Released: March 18, 2005