Microsoft released the March 2023 feature update of Outlook for Microsoft 365 Apps in the Current Channel.
This times there are 4 new features which all relate to Sensitivity Labels and 7 documented fixes.
- Sensitivity Label scoping between files, emails and meetings
Office applications can now filter out sensitivity labels based on the document type. For example, Outlook email will no longer show labels that only apply to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents.
- Assign a sublabel as the default when a parent label is selected
When using built-in sensitivity labels in Microsoft 365 Apps, admins can specify a sublabel to get applied automatically when a parent label is selected. This takes effect only when users select a parent label manually.
- Disable the Azure Information Protection Add-in by default
Office apps will now automatically disable the legacy Azure Information Protection add-in and use the built-in sensitivity labels to view and apply labels powered by Microsoft Purview Information Protection.
- Enhanced discovery of sensitivity labels in Outlook
Admins can configure sensitivity labels to appear on subject lines when composing e-mails, for enhanced user discovery. The labels icons can also be customized.
- We fixed an issue that caused users to see an empty From field drop down when their profile included an SMTP address with an asterisk in it.
- We fixed an issue that caused users with an Outlook.com account in their profile to be prompted for their password and to receive the following error message: “You cannot log in with a personal account. Use your work or school account.”
- We have resolved an issue affecting users of the Label Inheritance feature, which led to incorrect sensitivity label extraction from unencrypted files when co-authoring was enabled.
- We fixed an issue that caused Outlook to close unexpectedly when using Loop Components in an email.
- We fixed an issue that caused Outlook to close unexpectedly when opening emails with a Data Loss Prevention policy applied.
- We fixed an issue where some settings did not roam between machines when switching to Focused Inbox.
- We fixed an issue that caused the Sub-folders search scope to be broken when searching in the Online Archive.
Note: Depending on your installation type, this update can be installed via the Update Now button in Outlook or the Microsoft Store and updates Outlook to: Version 2303 (Build 16227.20212).