On the last day of June Microsoft released the June feature update of Outlook for Microsoft 365 App (Current Channel – previously known as Office 365 Monthly Channel).
It comes with 3 new features for Outlook and 5 highlighted fixes (of which 4 were also included in last week’s bug fix release for Version 2005).
- New option to disable @ mention suggestions when composing mail in Outlook
Do you find the @ mention picker more annoying than useful? Now you can turn it off if you prefer.
File-> Options-> Mail-> section: Send Messages-> Suggest names to mention when I use the @ symbol in a message.
- Incident Notification for IT Admins
Microsoft 365 tenant global administrators and Office Apps Administrators will be notified about Outlook and O365 Exchange incidents affecting their users with a new right-side panel notification in Outlook for Windows.
Additional buttons added to Outlook toast notifications
Quick Action buttons now appear in Outlook toast notifications when running Outlook on Windows 10
- Addressed an issue that caused users to see the creation date of attachments that they copied to their file system via drag and drop getting set to January 1, 4501.
- Addressed an issue that caused users of the Shared Calendar improvements to see calendar failures.
- Addressed an issue that caused users to see Outlook continuously prompt them to run the Inbox Repair tool.
- Addressed an issue that caused Ctrl+click to stop working when cloud settings were enabled.
- Addressed an issue that caused searching for a feature in Suggest a Feature to return no results and leave the user with no option to submit a new feature idea.