Microsoft released the March feature update of Outlook for Microsoft 365 Apps in the Current Channel (previously known as the Office 365 Monthly Channel).
It comes with 6 new features for Outlook and 5 highlighted fixes. The new features and fixes are listed below;
- Save time while composing messages
Outlook shows you writing suggestions that help you compose messages quickly. To accept the suggestion, just use the Tab key.
- New conference room and workspace booking experience
The conference room booking experience has been refreshed, and with it we’ve added capabilities to allow you to schedule individual workspaces as well
- Pick where to search
The new search scope drop down allows you to more easily modify your search and switch between Current Folder and Current Mailbox. Thank you to everyone in Coming Soon who provided feedback on the new Search at Top experience. This design and update came out of that feedback!
- Get meeting suggestions when you search for a person
When you type a person’s name in the Search box, the most relevant email containing calendar invites will be included with your search suggestions.
- Share to Teams
Share messages from Outlook with a person or channel in Teams.
- Draft messages with your voice
Use the new dictation toolbar, voice commands, auto-punctuation, and more to compose messages.
- We fixed an issue that caused some users to experience Outlook to close unexpectedly when syncing folder hierarchy changes.
- We fixed an issue that caused some users to see their primary and secondary calendar switching places in the Navigation Pane.
- We fixed an issue that caused users to see more signatures than expected.
- We fixed an issue that caused some people to be unable to access signatures associated with secondary mail accounts.
- We fixed an issue that caused users of the Cloud Settings feature to see customized settings overridden by default setting after configuring Outlook on a new device.