Microsoft released the October feature update of Outlook for Microsoft 365 Apps in the Current Channel (previously known as the Office 365 Monthly Channel).
It comes with 2 new features for Outlook and 5 highlighted fixes. It also includes the 3 fixes included in last week’s bug fix for Version 2009. The new features and fixes are listed below;
- Insert your iPhone photos directly into Office
HEIC pictures from your phone now insert seamlessly into Office. No conversion required.
- Grammar checking’s got your back
Outlook marks grammar errors as you type, so you can apply suggestions with a single click. There is an off switch for this as well.
- We fixed an issue that caused the headers of Chinese messages to be unreadable when replying or forwarding.
- We fixed an issue that caused Chinese characters to get changed to question marks when saving as an OFT file.
- We fixed an issue that caused Outlook to create a second empty signature for people who had cloud settings enabled.
- We fixed an issue that caused Cloud Settings not to be turned on for users by default.
- We fixed an issue that caused changes to a user’s signature to fail to save.
- We fixed an issue that caused users to be unable to grant Editor permission to their delegates.
- We fixed an issue that caused users to experience the application to terminate unexpectedly when selecting a search result.