Microsoft released the November feature update of Outlook for Microsoft 365 Apps in the Current Channel (previously known as the Office 365 Monthly Channel). This is a bit earlier than normal but that is because Thanksgiving is this week.
It comes with 3 new features for Outlook and 4 highlighted fixes. The new features and fixes are listed below;
- SVG Clipboard Support
You can now paste SVG content from Office into 3rd party apps.
- Switch Office themes automatically
Office can automatically switch themes to match your Windows 10 theme settings.
File > Office Account and choose “Use system setting” under the Office Theme drop-down.
- User Experience Updates for Tasks
A visual refresh of task items.
- We fixed an issue that caused the To field to be blank when sending a status report on a task.
- We fixed an issue that caused the MailItem.BeforeAttachmentAdd event to be broken.
- We added a regkey that allows customers to disable filetime inclusion for attachments in IDataObject operations (i.e. drag drop, clipboard).
- 0 = filetimes are excluded.
- 1 = (default) filetimes are included.
- We fixed an issue that caused inline images to disappear when replying to a message with a protection label from Azure Information Protection.
Note: Depending on your installation type, this update can be installed via the Update Now button in Outlook or the Microsoft Store and updates Outlook to: Version 2011 (Build 13426.20274).