On the last day of June Microsoft released the June feature update of Outlook for Microsoft 365 Apps in the Current Channel (previously known as the Office 365 Monthly Channel).
It comes with 3 new features for Outlook and 5 highlighted fixes (of which 4 were also included in last week’s bug fix release for Version 2005).
- New option to disable @ mention suggestions when composing mail in Outlook
Do you find the @ mention picker more annoying than useful? Now you can turn it off if you prefer.
File-> Options-> Mail-> section: Send Messages-> Suggest names to mention when I use the @ symbol in a message.
- Incident Notification for IT Admins
Microsoft 365 tenant global administrators and Office Apps Administrators will be notified about Outlook and O365 Exchange incidents affecting their users with a new right-side panel notification in Outlook for Windows.
Additional buttons added to Outlook toast notifications
Quick Action buttons now appear in Outlook toast notifications when running Outlook on Windows 10
- Addressed an issue that caused users to see the creation date of attachments that they copied to their file system via drag and drop getting set to January 1, 4501.
- Addressed an issue that caused users of the Shared Calendar improvements to see calendar failures.
- Addressed an issue that caused users to see Outlook continuously prompt them to run the Inbox Repair tool.
- Addressed an issue that caused Ctrl+click to stop working when cloud settings were enabled.
- Addressed an issue that caused searching for a feature in Suggest a Feature to return no results and leave the user with no option to submit a new feature idea.