On the final day of August, Microsoft released the August feature update of Outlook for Microsoft 365 Apps in the Current Channel (previously known as the Office 365 Monthly Channel).
It comes with 2 new features for Outlook and 13 highlighted fixes (of which 2 were also included in last week’s bug fix release for Version 2007). The new features and notable fixes are listed below;
- Improved links in email
When you include a link to a file, the file name replaces the URL. You can change permissions so all recipients have access.
- Natural Language Support in Search
With the implementation of Natural Language Support in Search, users can easily filter their search results without remembering specific search syntax.
- Fixes an issue that caused users who attempted to create a meeting request from a secondary account added to their profile to not see a blank From: field instead of their email address.
- Addressed an issue that caused meetings to fail to be removed from a manager’s calendar when declined by a delegate in some circumstances.
- Fixes an issue that caused users to experience occasional crashes when interacting with Cloud attachments.
- Addressed an issue that caused users of some character sets to see file names display incorrectly when adding a Smart Link to a SharePoint file.
- Addressed an issue that caused some users to see the Scheduling Assistant page fail to display.
- Fixes an issue that caused users to see anomalies when using the compact view.
- Addressed an issue that caused the right-click context menu to fail to appear in the search controls.