Microsoft released the January feature update of Outlook for Microsoft 365 Apps in the Current Channel (previously known as the Office 365 Monthly Channel).
It comes with 5 new features for Outlook and 2 highlighted fixes. The new features and fixes are listed below;
- Delete conversation by message owner
This feature allows you to delete a conversation by message owner.
- Build in time between back-to-back meetings
Give attendees time to catch their breath or travel between locations by setting meetings to start 5-10 min late by default. File-> Options-> Calendar-> Shorten appointments and meetings
- Every meeting online
Update your calendar settings to make every meeting you create a Teams Meeting by default so you no longer need to remember to click the Teams Meeting option.
- Send audit data about sensitivity labeling to M365 administrators
When users apply, change, or remove sensitivity labels on their documents and emails, Office will send up audit data to the M365 audit backend for administrators to see. This is a silent functionality (no UI) for administrator benefit.
- Government customers: Apply sensitivity labels to your documents and emails
Sensitivity labeling features are now available for customers in the GCC and GCC-H environments.
- We fixed an issue that caused some users to experience Outlook to close unexpectedly in certain search scenarios.
- We fixed an issue that caused users that have Shared or Delegated Mailboxes with large hierarchies in their profile to encounter hangs.