We just started June but Microsoft has now released the May feature update of Outlook for Office 365 (Monthly Channel) and it comes with 4 new features for Outlook and 3 highlighted fixes. There is also a feature change for Skype for Business affecting its Outlook Add-in.
- Help protect data in your group
The Sensitivity label you choose when creating a group is applied to group email, documents, and team sites
- Better results—in a jiffy
We’ve updated the Search experience to make it smarter, faster, and more reliable than ever.
- Tell your stories with animated GIFs
Animated GIFs are now supported in the Office editor – your documents just got snazzier (when composing an email; animated GIFs were already supported for emails you receive).
- Calendar gets a makeover
See visual updates that make your calendar easier to scan.
- Addressed an issue with the clp auditing event for the reply/forward label.
- Addressed an issue that caused users of Windows 10 server versions to see the warning “Antivirus status: Invalid”. This version of Windows supports antivirus detection, but no antivirus was found despite having anti virus correctly installed.
- Addressed an issue that caused users to experience a crash when submitting feedback from an Admin Notification.
- Skype; When a user is given a policy that moves them to Teams Only, they were still able to use the Skype for Business Outlook add-in to schedule meetings. After this update, you will no longer be able to schedule Skype for Business meetings after the client reads the policy indicating the user is Teams Only, and enters meeting join only mode. Additionally the Skype for Business Outlook Add-in will not activate itself while starting up if it sees the Skype for Business client is in meeting join only mode.