A Rollup Update has been released for Outlook 2016. This is a non-security update which contains the following documented improvements fixes.
- Fixes an issue that causes the user selection for the hash algorithm not to persist.
- Fixes an issue that causes crashes when users run rules on certain email messages.
- Fixes an issue in which Outlook sometimes crashes when you view calendar sharing requests by having “Read all standard mail in plain text” turned on.
- When you send a meeting request that contains attachments, the attachments may be duplicated in the calendar items. This issue occurs when Outlook runs against an Office 365 account in Online mode.
- Fixes an issue that causes Outlook to use an excessive amount of CPU when you view the calendar window and resize the window to a narrower size.
- Fixes an issue that causes some users to experience a crash.
Note: This update can be installed via Microsoft Update and updates Outlook to version 16.0.4978.1000. This update does not apply to Perpetual and Office 365 based installations of Office 2016.