A Rollup Update has been released for Outlook 2016. This is a non-security update which contains the following documented improvements fixes.
- Fixes an issue that causes the Last Modified property of a file to be updated. This occurs when you add an attachment to an email message or save an attachment from an email message by dragging and dropping it (as opposed to through a menu).
- Fixes the following issues that occur when you use Outlook 2016 together with an IMAP account:
- The message size of saved or sent items is displayed as “0 B.”
- The attachment icon isn’t displayed in the message list for items that have attachments.
- Fixes an issue that causes the Peek view of Outlook Calendar to occasionally display incorrectly.
- Addresses an issue that prevents users in the Saratov time zone (GMT+4) from opening a single instance in a meeting series.
- Addresses an issue that causes Outlook to crash when a user forwards a message from which attachments have been removed.
- Addresses an issue that causes the retention information bar to show items incorrectly in the Deleted Items folder as “expired.”
- The Open this task button in the WORKFLOW TASK prompt is unresponsive for certain email messages.
Outlook crashes when you try to mark messages as read from the Unread folder.
Note: This update can be installed via Microsoft Update and updates Outlook to version 16.0.5005.1000. This update does not apply to Perpetual and Office 365 based installations of Office 2016.