A Rollup Update has been released for Outlook 2016. This is a non-security update which contains the following documented improvements fixes.
- When an email message that has a signed email message as an attachment is also signed, Outlook breaks the digital signature of the attached message.
- This update changes the default signature hash algorithm for Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) messages and enables administrators to manage it by setting the UseAlternateDefaultHashAlg registry key.
- Memory leaks occur when toast notifications are enabled.
- When the display size is scaled to more than 100 percent in Windows 10, mailbox elements are not displayed correctly in the additional mailboxes list box on the Advanced tab in Microsoft Exchange dialog box. Additionally, it is difficult to recognize them.
- When the weather service isn’t available, Outlook doesn’t stop making service calls after it receives an HTTP 404 error. This causes a heavy network load.
Note: This update can be installed via Microsoft Update and updates Outlook to version 16.0.4954.1000. This update does not apply to Perpetual and Office 365 based installations of Office 2016.