Just a little over a week after releasing Office 2016, Microsoft has now also released Exchange 2016!
As already mentioned when the Exchange 2016 Preview was released, Exchange 2016 will bring various features that are already available in Office 365 for Business to your on-premises environment. Some primary changes are;
- Simplified architecture; The Client Access and Mailbox server roles have been combined.
- Improved reliability; Failovers are 33% faster than exchange 2013.
- Outlook Web App (OWA) has been renamed once again; It is now called: Outlook on the web. It will get lots of new features like; Sweep, Pin, Inline Reply, Propose new meeting time, better formatting controls, ability to paste inline images, emojis, attachment improvements and more…
- Just like in Outlook 2016, in Outlook on the Web you can send attachment links to files that are stored in cloud or private-cloud locations like OneDrive for Business and SharePoint 2016 (currently in preview).
- Improved add-in model which works both in Outlook on the web and Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 on your desktop.
- Faster and more intuitive search with Search Suggestion support in both Outlook on the Web and in Outlook 2016.
Download: Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
Download: Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 UM Language Packs
View: Exchange Team Blog; Exchange Server 2016: Forged in the cloud. Now available on-premises.
View: Exchange 2016 Release Notes
View: Exchange Server 2016 documentation on TechNet
View: Exchange 2016 Product Guide