A Rollup Update has been released for Outlook 2016. This is a non-security update which contains 5 documented improvements and fixes.
- All-day meetings now display on the same month and date(s) for the organizer and all attendees, regardless of the organizer’s time zone, the meeting’s time zone, or each attendee’s time zone. For all-day and multi-day meetings, the “When” field shows the start dates and the end dates with “(All day)” instead of specific times.
- You cannot send email messages as a mail-enabled public folder.
- You are unable to synchronize folders in Outlook 2016 and you experience the MAPI_E_INVALID_PARAMETER error either in a sync process or in the Outlook Send/Receive Process dialog box.
- When you reply or forward digitally signed email messages with Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME), Outlook 2016 incorrectly blocks images in the email messages.
- Outlook 2016 is performing Exchange Web Services (EWS) calls on startup to check for Group settings. In Cached Mode, EWS calls are expected to occur in the background after the startup is complete.
Note: This update can be installed via Microsoft Update and updates Outlook to version 16.0.4849.1000. This update does not apply to Perpetual and Office 365 based installations of Office 2016.