Cumulative Update 12 for Exchange 2016 is now available. It contains 1 new documented security updates and 14 additional documented new fixes or improvements, as well as all previously released fixes and security updates for Exchange 2016 and the latest DST updates.
Notable improvements, changes and fixes are;
- Decreasing Exchange Rights in the Active Directory
There is now a Deny ACE on the DNS Admins group and the ability for Exchange to assign Service Principal Names (SPN’s) has been removed.
- Support for .NET Framework 4.8
The minimum .NET requirement remains 4.7.2 and .NET 4.8 will required with the December 2019 update.
- Controlled Connections to Public Folders in Outlook
Admins have control over which users will see public folders in their Outlook clients.
- KB4503027 which discusses ADV190018: Microsoft Exchange Server Defense in Depth Update. This update was released separately for CU13 as well.
- KB4488396: Can’t search any results in manually added shared mailbox in Outlook in Exchange Server 2016
- KB4502131: “TLS negotiation failed with error UnknownCredentials” error after updating TLSCertificateName on Office 365 send connector in Exchange Server 2016 hybrid environment
This release includes no new updates to the Active Directory Schema.
The next planned quarterly update is in September 2019.
Download: Cumulative Update 13 for Exchange Server 2016 (KB4488406)
Download: Exchange Server 2016 CU13 UM Language Packs
View: Description of Cumulative Update 13 for Exchange Server 2016
View: Blog post of the Exchange Team about CU13 for Exchange Server 2016