For everyone who has Outlook and doesn’t like the duplicate email addresses that popup when you select the “To:” (in the “Select Names” window), this add-in is for you. It will change all fax numbers for a contact to have a pre-pended “Fax:” before the number. This has the effect of preventing Outlook from recognizing it as a valid address. This way, when you select “To:” and get the Select Names dialog box, you will see only one email address listed.
You can run this add-in against your default Contacts folder or against an Exchange public folder to keep everyone else from seeing the fax address listed as well. It works with any folder that has Outlook contacts contained within it including Business Contact Manager.
Plus, you can save time with this add-in because it will automatically convert any fax numbers of new contacts you create when you save those new contacts – without you having to do anything.
Features of the Hide Fax Numbers add-in:
- Unclutters the address selection window
- Hides the contact’s fax numbers while making it remain visible to you
- Works on a single folder or on multiple folders at once
- Operates with Exchange public contact folders or any other shared folder
- “Undo” feature lets you revert back at any time
- Automatically hides the fax numbers as you create new contacts
- Now hides the secondary (e-mail2 and e-mail3) addresses as well
- Supports Microsoft Business Contact Manager contacts
- Two new buttons, “Show” and “Hide” appear when you view an individual contact for easy conversion between the two modes
- Integrates directly into Outlook
- Works with Microsoft Outlook 2007, Outlook 2003, Outlook 2002 and Outlook 2000, including Business Contact Manager (BCM) contacts
You can revert back to visible fax numbers at any time, for either one single contact or all of them at once.
This description is not a review but information provided by the product vendor or obtained from the vendor's website.