Outlook has a great search tool. The Advanced Find is powerful and Outlook 2007 has very quick searching capabilities. But what happens if you need to do a replace on those items you found? For instance, what happens if the area code gets changed or a company (that several of your contacts belong to) changes its name?
Now you can save time by updating hundreds – even thousands – of items at once. Easily update all your contacts, tasks and appointments with the Global Search And Replace Outlook add-in. You simply provide the add-in with what you’re looking for, what to replace it with, and which Outlook folders to look in (even all of them). To be more efficient, you can tell it to only search phone numbers, street addresses, date fields, email addresses (in case the company changes domain names), categories, or all fields.
Features of the Global Search And Replace add-in include:
- Simple, easy to use interface makes finding and replacing a snap
- Prompts you for the folder(s) to search in
- Uses powerful regular expressions for searching, not just simple wildcards (but accepts those as well)
- Updates all your contacts, tasks or appointments in your specified folders at once
- Works with Microsoft Outlook 2007, Outlook 2003, Outlook 2002, or Outlook 2000
- Integrates directly into Outlook and is invoked from within Outlook
- Avoids the Outlook security prompts so you won’t get those nagging security prompts
- Works with Microsoft Exchange Server (and public folders) but does not require it
Updates area codes, zip codes, domain names in your Contacts email addresses, fax numbers, company names, states, abbreviations, and more. Plus, it doens’t just work with contacts, you can update anything in your Outlook tasks or appointments as well. For instance, you can change the due date for a set of tasks, change the location in a set of appointments, etc.
This description is not a review but information provided by the product vendor or obtained from the vendor's website.