A Security Update has been released for Outlook 2016. It resolves the following vulnerability;
- CVE-2023-36893: Microsoft Outlook Spoofing Vulnerability
- This vulnerability is currently not publicly disclosed nor exploited.
- Exploitation of the vulnerability requires that a user with an affected version of Outlook opens a malicious meeting or appointment invite from the attacker.
- The Preview Pane is not an attack vector.
- The Exploitability Assessment is rated: Exploitation Less Likely.
Note: This update can be installed via Microsoft Update and updates Outlook to version 16.0.5408.1000. This update does not apply to Perpetual (Retail) and Microsoft 365 based installations of Office 2016.