The June security and rollup update has been made available for all Click-to-Run installations of Outlook 2016, Outlook 2019, Outlook 2021 and Outlook as part of a Microsoft 365 subscription.
It contains 5 security updates for Excel (3), and Office (2).
- Version 2304
- Sensitivity Label scoping between files, emails and meetings
Office applications can now filter out sensitivity labels based on the document type. For example, Outlook email will no longer show labels that only apply to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents.
- We fixed an issue where the “From” field and Signatures were not working while using Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft Outlook.
- We fixed an issue where the links associated with known issues were not shown to customers who were using the Contact Support feature.
- We fixed an issue where Outlook would close unexpectedly when Microsoft 365 apps in the Navigation Pane were closed.
- We fixed an issue where some users may be unable to view or access group email messages and calendars in the Outlook desktop client.
- We fixed an issue with the sensitivity label not being applied to protected messages.
- We fixed an issue that caused users of the Event-Based feature to be unable to utilize some of the new APIs included in Mailbox Requirement Set 1.13.
- Version 2304, 2303 and 2302
- We fixed an issue where drafting a new email and @mentioning an Outlook contact group (a contact group that is created locally) in the email body wouldn’t add the contact group to the ‘To’ field.
- Version 2303 and 2303
- We fixed an issue where users couldn’t see the sensitivity label applied to an email on louder label anchor when the label wasn’t included in their label policy.
- Version 2302
- We fixed an issue where Outlook would close unexpectedly when forwarding a large email with an SVG file if “Spell check before sending” was enabled.
- We fixed an issue where the Organization tab of people cards was stuck in a “Loading” state indefinitely.
Based on your release channel, you’ll be updated to the following version;
- Microsoft 365 Apps, Outlook 2016 Retail, Outlook 2019 Retail, Outlook 2021 Retail
Version 2305 (Build 16501.20210)
- Monthly Enterprise
Version 2304 (Build 16327.20324)
Version 2303 (Build 16227.20354)
- Semi-Annual Enterprise (Preview)
Version 2302 (Build 16130.20580)
- Semi-Annual Enterprise
Version 2208 (Build 15601.20680)
Version 2202 (Build 14931.21024)
- Outlook LTSC 2021
Version 2108 (Build 14332.20517)
- Outlook 2019 Volume Licensed
Version 1808 (Build 10399.20000)
Note: Depending on your installation type, this update can be installed via the Update Now button in Outlook itself or the Microsoft Store. This update does not apply to msi-based installations of Office 2016.