A new rollup update has been made available for all Click-to-Run installations of Outlook 2016, Outlook 2019 and Outlook as part of a Microsoft 365 subscription.
It contains 9 security updates for Access (1), Excel (1), Visio (2), Word (1), and Office (4). CVE-2021-40444 (Microsoft MSHTML Remote Code Execution Vulnerability), which also affected Office applications, has been fixed via an update for Windows.
In addition, it contains 1 documented non-security fix for Outlook Current Version 2108 (there were already 5 included in last week’s bug fix release too), 1 new feature and 6 fixes for Monthly Enterprise Version 2107, 16 new features and 56 fixes for the completely new Semi-Annual (Preview) Version 2108 and 3 fixes for Semi-Annual Version 2102. Most notable fixes are;
- Version 2108
- We fixed an issue that caused users to see a loss of HTML formatting when saving a draft of an email to disk.
- Version 2107
- We fixed an issue that caused users of the Shared Calendar Improvements feature to see newly added shared calendars fail to display until after a restart of Outlook.
- We fixed an issue that caused users to see duplicate time entries in the end meeting time dropdown when the start of the meeting and the end of the meeting were on different dates.
- We fixed an issue that caused emails that are resent by a different user to appear to have been sent by the original sender in organizations where SendFromAliasEnabled is set to True.
- Version 2102
- We fixed an issue that prevented Outlook from booting after using “Send To->Mail Recipient” from the Windows Explorer.
- We fixed an issue that caused users to be able to download protected attachments and voice mail files.
The new feature in Monthly Enterprise Version 2107 is;
- Read messages with fewer distractions
Make it easier to focus on messages with custom text spacing, page colors, column width, and line focus, by turning on Immersive Reader.
Some of the new features in Semi-Annual (Preview) Version 2108 are;
- Improved links in email
When you include a link to a file, the file name replaces the URL. You can change permissions so all recipients have access.
- Your Outlook settings in the cloud
Choose your Outlook for Windows settings like Automatic Replies, Focused Inbox, and Privacy, and get to them on any PC.
- Every meeting online
Update your calendar settings to make every meeting you create a Teams Meeting by default so you no longer need to remember to click the Teams Meeting option.
- Break the language barrier with a built-in translator
Add-ins for translation aren’t required anymore! You can now use the Intelligent Translator in Outlook. When you receive a message in another language, a prompt will appear on top of the message asking if you’d like Outlook to translate it to your default language. You can also right-click to translate specific words, phrases, or the whole message.
Based on your release channel, you’ll be updated to the following version;
- Microsoft 365 Apps, Outlook 2016 Retail, Outlook 2019 Retail
Version 2108 (Build 14326.20404)
- Monthly Enterprise
Version 2107 (Build 14228.20324)
Version 2106 (Build 14131.20384)
- Semi-Annual Enterprise (Preview)
Version 2108 (Build 14326.20404)
- Semi-Annual Enterprise
Version 2102 (Build 13801.20960)
Version 2008 (Build 13127.21766)
- Outlook 2019 Volume License
Version 1808 (Build 10378.20029)
Note: Depending on your installation type, this update can be installed via the Update Now button in Outlook itself or the Microsoft Store. This update does not apply to msi-based installations of Office 2016.