A Security Update has been released for Outlook 2016. It resolves the following vulnerability;
- CVE-2021-28452: Microsoft Outlook Memory Corruption Vulnerability.
- This vulnerability is currently not publicly disclosed nor exploited.
- The Preview Pane is not an attack vector.
- The Exploitability Assessment is rated: Exploitation Less Likely.
This update contains 2 additional fixes or improvements for non-security issues;
- Fixes an issue that causes garbled email headers when Outlook uses the Chinese Simplified (GB2312) character set.
- Fixes an issue that causes inline images to disappear when you reply to a message that has a protection label from Azure Information Protection.
View: Download information for KB4486748
Note: This update can be installed via Microsoft Update and updates Outlook to version 16.0.5149.1000. This update does not apply to Perpetual (Retail) and Microsoft 365 based installations of Office 2016.