A Security Update has been released for Outlook 2016. In addition to resolving the vulnerabilities, it also contains 15 documented improvements and fixes.
Most notable fixes and improvements are:
- Resolves the vulnerabilities mentioned in CVE-2017-8506, CVE-2017-8507, and CVE-2017-8508 which could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file or email message.
- If you have a profile that has a Microsoft SharePoint calendar in Outlook 2016 and the calendar is synchronizing in the background, Outlook 2016 may crash.
- After a delegate views a rejected meeting, the declined meeting appears in the calendar again if the delegate has not rejected the meeting.
Office 365 subscribers have also received the following feature updates;
- Focused Inbox
- Quickly access the Office 365 Groups you use most
- Insert recent links
- Actionable messages (developers feature)
- Support for on-premises SharePoint Server attachments
- Business classifications for Office 365 Groups
Note: This update can be installed via Microsoft Update or the Update Now button when you are using Office 365 and updates Outlook to version 16.0.4549.1002 (msi-based installation) or 16.0.8201.2102 (Office 365 based installation) or 16.0.7766.2092 (Office 365 Deferred Channel installation).