Outlook Redemption works around limitations imposed by the Outlook Security Patch plus provides a number of objects and functions to work with properties and functionality not exposed through the Outlook object model.
Redemption library also includes the RDO (Redemption Data Objects) family of objects that can function as a complete CDO 1.21 or Outlook Object Model replacement.
With Outlook Redemption you can
- Make your code runs unaffected by the Security Patch.
- Access properties not exposed by the Outlook Object Model (internet message headers, sender e-mail address and hundreds more properties)
- Display Address Book.
- Directly access RTF body of any Outlook item
- Import MSG, MIME (EML/RFC822), vCard, iCalendar and TNEF files
- Export messages to the MSG, EML, TXT, HTML, MHTML, TNEF, iCal, vTodo and vCard formats.
- Access and manipulate Outlook accounts (Outlook 2002 and above, RDO library)
- Create, access and manipulate MAPI profiles and accounts (Profman library, see also RDOSession.Profiles)
- Access MAPI stores.
- Access Outlook nicknames.
- Manage Junk Mail settings
- Manage categories
- Directly access message attachments as strings or as arrays without saving them as files first
- Access Exchange Server without installing Outlook (with the standalone version of MAPI installed).
- Use Incremental Change Synchronization (ICS) API to sync your data with Exchange folders.
- Manage Exchange rules, folder Access Control Lists (ACL), etc.
- Recover deleted messages and folders from Exchange mailboxes
- And much, much more!
Redemption supports Outlook 98, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 (both 32 and 64 bit) (Outlook 97 is not supported by the Safe*Item objects) as well as the standalone version of MAPI (no Outlook installed).
The RDO family of objects can also be used with the Exchange Server or standalone versions of Extended MAPI (Exchange 5.5 through 2013) .
This description is not a review but information provided by the product vendor or obtained from the vendor's website.