The following updates and hotfixes have been released for Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010;
Update KB244978 for Outlook 2003
This is a rollup update for Outlook 2003 containing 1 additional fix for crashes with specific add-ins.
Update KB2412171 for Outlook 2007
This is a rollup update for Outlook 2007. Currently, no additional fixes have been announced for this update but several new issues have been reported with this update.
Hotfix KB2458611 for Outlook 2007
This Hotfix contains 11 fixes for specific issues and adds support for connecting to the Exchange 2010 Online Archive. Most notable fixes are;
- Sent Messages of an IMAP account are not stored to the Sent Items folder of the IMAP account even if the account is configured to do so.
- Outlook doesn’t close when specific add-ins are installed.
Solutions to various programmatic issues when using BeforeItemMove.
- For requirements to connect to the Exchange 2010 Online Archive see; Exchange archive not visible in Outlook
Hotfix KB2459115 for Outlook 2010
This hotfix contains 10 fixes for specific issues. Most notable fixes are;
- Solutions to various programmatic issues when using BeforeItemMove.
- Outlook may stop responding when connecting to a large IMAP mailbox.
- Contacts from a SharePoint contact list have their preferred message format set to Rich Text Format (RTF).
Obtaining the updates and hotfixes
The updates can be obtained and installed via Microsoft Update.
As for the hotfixes; since these are hotfixes and not regular updates, you won’t be offered this update via Microsoft Update but will have to request it. You can do this at the information page of each hotfix.
If you are not (seriously) effected by any of these issues, it is recommended to wait for the next Service Pack or regular Rollup Update which will most likely contain all these fixes as well.