Editing the HTML source code has been made very easy in Outlook Express. In Microsoft Office Outlook… well, not so much and I doubt whether the tool available has actually been designed for this since the process is anything but intuitive.
- Make sure you’ve got Word selected as your e-mail editor; Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format
- Create a new message and make sure the Web Tools Toolbar is visible; View-> Toolbars-> Web Tools
- Press the Microsoft Script Editor button. A new windows will pop-up displaying the HTML. Word uses a stylesheet so don’t be frightened by the immense amount of code in the header. Just scroll to the body part and edit the HTML
- When done close the script editor and choose to save it when prompted; a Save As dialog will pop-up
- Cancel this dialog
- Close the Script Editor and note that you don’t get prompted to save this time (unless you started editing again). You’ll find the HTML editing applied to your message