Ever had that when you are reading a webpage a new mail arrives that has a link in it and when you click on it it opens in the window you were just reading? Very annoying if you ask me. Follow these instructions to change this behavior and let the link open in a new window.
Note 1: This behavior will change for all applications (not just Outlook) from which you open a link.
Note 2: There is no need to change this setting for Outlook 2003 as Outlook 2003 will ALWAYS open links in a new window.
Internet Explorer Options
To change the setting for Internet Explorer choose;
Tools-> Internet Options-> tab Advanced-> section Browsing-> untick option “Reuse windows for launching shortcuts”
In the registry
- Make sure Outlook is closed
- Open your registry editor by opening the Run command and type regedit (regedt32 for Windows 2000)
- Locate the following key;
- Double-click on the AllowWindowReuse value and give it the value of 1
- Press OK on the input box and close the registry editor
- When you now open Outlook and click on a link in a message the link will open in it’s own window.