Outlook Redemption works around limitations imposed by the Outlook Security Patch and Service Pack 2 of MS Office 98/2000 and Office 2002/2003/2007 (which include Security Patch) plus provides a number of objects and functions to work with properties and functionality not exposed through the Outlook object model.
As of version 4.0, Redemption library also includes the RDO (Redemption Data Objects) family of objects that can function as a CDO 1.21 replacement.
With Outlook Redemption you can
- Make your code run unaffected by the Security Patch.
- Access properties not exposed by the Outlook Object Model (internet message headers, sender e-mail address and hundreds more properties)
- Display Address Book.
- Directly access RTF body of any Outlook item
- Import MSG, EML (RFC822) and TNEF files
- Export messages to the MSG, EML, TXT, HTML, TNEF, iCal and vCard formats.
- Access and manipulate Outlook accounts (Outlook 2002 and above, RDO library)
- Create, access and manipulate MAPI profiles and accounts (Profman library, see also RDOSession.Profiles)
- Access MAPI stores (not exposed in the Outlook Object Model at all).
- Access Outlook nicknames.
- Directly access message attachments as strings or as arrays without saving them as files first
- And much, much more!
Redemption supports Outlook 98, 2000, 2002, 2003 and 2007 (Outlook 97 is not supported by the Safe*Item objects).
The RDO family of objects can also be used with the Exchange Server versions of MAPI.
This description is not a review but information provided by the product vendor or obtained from the vendor's website.